DVLP advocaten B.V. (hereinafter “DVLP”) respects your personal data and will ensure that the personal data provided to us or otherwise received by us are treated as confidential. Any information about a person concerns personal data. Data that pertain to a person indirectly are also personal data. The following implements the obligation, laid down in the GDPR, to provide information to the data subject(s) whose personal data are processed by DVLP.
2. Controller and communication
DVLP processes personal data to be able to offer its services, improve its services and communicate personally with you, the data subject.
3. Purpose of personal data processing
DVLP processes the personal data specified below exclusively for the following purposes:
- the provision of legal services, including the performance of contractsand the conducting of legal proceedings;
- the provision of advice, mediation and referral;
- the fulfilment of legal and statutory obligations;
- marketing and communication;
- recruitment and selection (job applications).
4. What personal data are processed?
DVLP processes the following types or categories of personal data for the provision of its services, or those personal data provided by the data subject of their own accord:
- your name, contact details such as your business address, postal address or home address, e- mail address and telephone number, gender, position, title and the organisation you work for;
- in so far as required by legislation: date of birth, citizen service number, identity data as stated on a passport or other proof of identity (passport photo and citizen service number will be covered when storing a copy);
- bank account number;
- any other personal data provided to us by you.DVLP processes the aforementioned personal data because they were provided by you as the data subject of your own accord, acquired in the context of the provision of our services, disclosed to us by third parties, including opposing parties, or disclosed via public sources.
5. Basis for processing of personal data
DVLP processes the aforementioned personal data exclusively on the basis of the following grounds within the meaning of Article 6 GDPR:
- fulfilment of a legal obligation
- performance of a contract
- consent given by data subject(s)
- pursuit of a legitimate interest
6. Sharing personal data with third parties
DVLP will share your personal data with third parties only in so far as necessary for the provision of services with due observance of the purposes stated above. Examples may include when a lawyer is substituted by another lawyer, when an expert investigation is being performed or when a third party is engaged on behalf of and on the instruction of DVLP, such as IT providers, but also when your personal data are provided in connection with legal or other proceedings, or correspondence with the opposing party. In addition, DVLP may provide personal data to third parties such as supervisory authorities or other institutions of public authority if there is a legal obligation to do so. DVLP will enter into a processing agreement with the third party processing your personal data on behalf of and on the instruction of DVLP under which that third party will also be obliged to comply with the GDPR. Third parties engaged by DVLP who offer their services as controllers are themselves responsible for complying with the GDPR when further processing your personal data. Examples may include an auditor, civil-law notary or other third party engaged for a second opinion or expert report.
DVLP is committed to ensuring that your personal data are protected and secure and, taking into account the state of the art, will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. In the event that DVLP uses the services of third parties such as an IT provider, DVLP will include arrangements for sufficient security measures in the processing agreement for the protection of the personal data.
8. Retention period
DVLP will not keep the personal data being processed any longer than strictly necessary for the data processing purposes stated above or required pursuant to laws and regulations.
9. Rights of data subject
Requests for access, rectification, restriction, objection, data portability, erasure of your personal data or withdrawal of prior consent can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to you within four weeks after receiving your request.
There may be circumstances in which DVLP is unable to fully comply with your request as data subject. Examples may include the lawyers’ duty of confidentiality and statutory retention periods.
To ensure that we are providing the relevant personal data to the right person further to your request, we ask that you provide a copy of a valid passport, driving licence or other proof of identity (with covered passport photo and citizen service number) for verification. DVLP will only handle those requests that relate to your own personal data.
11. Amendment of privacy statement
DVLP has the right to amend the contents of this privacy statement at any time without prior notice. Amendments to the privacy statement will be published on our website.
12. Questions and contact
If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this privacy statement, please contact us.
1012 WR Amsterdam